January 2020 Activity Report
- Rolling V Ranch by Dallas-based PMB Capital Investments will bring 10,000 homes over 3,400 acres of land west of AllianceTexas and Texas Motor Speedway. The property covers parts of Rhome and Newark near State Highway 114 and U.S. 287 in Wise County. Home prices in the new development are expected to range from more than $200,000 to above $500,000.
- First Texas Homes plans to build houses starting around $360,000 and Grand Homes’ houses will begin at $410,000 at Wellspring Estates, a new neighborhood of 126 lots in Celina. The houses in the community will range from 2,500 to 4,800 square feet.
- The 5,200-acre Woodstone development is planned on Interstate 45 in the north Ellis County town of Ferris. Plano-based Dowdy, Anderson & Associates designed the residential community that will include homes priced from $250,000 homes to $1 million-plus with a town center development in the middle of the project planned.
- Nehemiah Co. is working with the City of Mesquite on a residential development that could add thousands of homes on the 652-acre Spradley Farms property on Interstate 20 mear FM 740.
- More than 3,000 new single-family homes are anticipated in the 1,157-acre community of Pecan Square, a master planned community located between Fort Worth and Denton in Northlake, Texas. Ashton Woods recently announced that it will build 48 homes there, including single and two-story home designs that range from 1,555 to 2,396 square feet with prices starting in the mid $200,000s.
- Ground has broken on another 69-home section of Sandbrock Ranch in Denton Country on FM1385, less than 4 miles north of U.S. Highway 380. Sandbrock Ranch is being built on part of a 2,400-acre ranch that Highland Homes owners Rod Sanders and Jean Ann Brock purchased in 2003. Highland and Perry Homes are active in the community.
- Arlington’s Veridian community by Johnson Development added sites for 400 more homes. The new phase will feature homes priced from $300,000 to over $1 million. Homebuilders in Viridian include CB Jeni Lifestyle Homes, CastleRock Communities, David Weekley Homes, Drees Custom Homes, Highland Homes, Normandy Homes, Plantation Homes, Toll Brothers, Glendarroch Homes, Struhs Homes and Windmiller Custom Homes.
- Olerio Homes plans to build 28 townhomes in its Kimsey Place project, between Maple Avenue and Cedar Springs Road. The townhomes will be built in four phases, and prices start in the high $300,000s and a 24-unit patio homes community called Modella Park near Webb Chapel Road and Forest Lane. The homes will be available starting in mid-2020 and priced from the high $400,000s.